ENGINE has formed its inaugural cohort and convenes from February to April as a virtual studio space and think-tank for a small cohort of interactive media artists. Over the course of the three months the group will come together to verbalize how game engines connect and facilitate computation into larger structures, images, and trends — the contemporary.
- alpha_rats — @alpha_rats
- Maxwell Neely-Cohen — @nhyphenc
- Neilson Koerner-Safrata — @neilsonks
- Nicholas O’Brien — @EssayGames
- Rachel Joy Victor — @racheljoyvictor
- Rebecca Gill — @rebeccaacg_
- Yang Wang (ZZYW) — @zzyw_yw
- Zhenzhen Qi (ZZYW) — @zztheoinky
Emphasis is placed on the production of gamelike interactive work and discussion of game engines as a highly contested space of the future, an emerging ecology of arts and commerce—the site of simulation (robotics, AI), speculation (IPs & blockchains), and spectacle (play livestreamed, captured, and recaptured). ENGINE seeks to study the theatre of images and situations arising from these events.